|Size||Part Number||Weight (lbs)|
Be sure to follow the instructions for proper mounting of the Nichols heel sweep.
Heel Sweep Mounting Instructions
– Bolt one sweep together with a chisel on the shank of the plow.
– Check the leading edges of the wings on this sweep and adjust so that the leading (sharp) edge is level while the plow frame is level.
– After adjusting the sweep up or down as necessary to level the sweep, make a mark on the shank at the top of the sweep.
– Remove the chisel/sweep combination and measure from the lower bolt hole to the mark.
– Mark all the rest of the shanks the same distance.
– As you put the rest of the sweeps on the machine, move the sweep to the mark you have made on the shanks and tighten the bolts to snug only.
– Check all the sweeps so that they are uniformly the same depth and are level – assuming that some of the shanks are not bent.
– Finish torquing the nuts on the bolts to 77 ft/lbs.
* You may need longer bolts to accomodate the extra thickness of the sweep/chisel combination.
There are no reviews yet.